Re: Style Sheets (was RE: Table Width/Heights)

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:30:24 -0500
 To:  Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>o Validate your CSS and try to get rid of all warnings as well -
>see http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ A valid, warning free stylesheet
>will, at the very least, degrade gracefully most of the time.

This is the main part of my concern, though. If I'm using stylesheets to
control the position of graphics (instead of say, a table) there doesn't
seem to *be* a degrade curve. It either works or it's blasted to pieces if
even visible. <shrug> Am I way off base worrying about this?

>It also makes sense to check your sites in a range of browsers, but that
>isn't specific CSS advice :-)

True.

~Nathan Lyle
E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"A good style should show no sign of effort. What is written should seem a
happy accident." - Somerset Maugham