Re: Start with HTML or XHTML? (slightly OT)

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:03:29 -0500
 To:  "LSN Bluff" <lsnbluff(at)hotmail.com>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I'm asking experienced developers for your opinions on what you would
>recommend a beginning web developer learn FIRST these days. (We all know
>that you never stop learning in this field...) Would you recommend that a
>beginner start with HTML and later transition to XHTML? OR would you
>recommend that the beginner start coding pages using XHTML syntax right from
>the start?

Since XTHML is basically more organized / cleaner and compliant HTML, I
would suggest you just start with XHTML. Why build bad habits just to say
"oh by the way those are being phased out". Better I think to avoid them if
possible. My 2 cents anyway.

~Nathan Lyle
E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as
men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway." - Bernard
Avishai