Re: It's gotta be something obvious!!!!!

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:44:01 -0500
 To:  Romuald Zylla <zylla(at)ck-sg.p.lodz.pl>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>My findings:  your script call for pages  onScreen/SA-x.htm
>where  x is  a number starting from 1 to 32 I think.
>On these pages are < img src="  link to some  .png  files
>The problem is that the name quoted eg.
>  "cape_town_coast_10201.png"  etc
>do not exist.  Simple like that.

I had thought that  a possibility at first too, though it turns out not to
be the case. (I think, BTW, that you saw a later attempted version of the
project where I had started to redo the images for size reasons, and didn't
have all of them in place, so they wouldn't be found by the SA-x.htm
files.)  I know that wasn't the problem initially though because the page
itself wouldn't load at all. If it couldn't find the image, it would show a
blank page, but instead, it just stayed on whichever one it had been on.

>Apart that the page work really well.
>Of course I would shorten the code as usually :)

Yup, definitely necessary. I tend to code in what I've come to think of as
the "Goldbergian" style. :) My initial efforts are always much more
grandiose and fluffed out than my final versions.

~ Nathan Lyle

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
http://www.nathanlyle.com

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary