Re: From a MAC to a PC - HTML files

by Nathan Lyle <natlyle(at)nmu.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:22:07 -0600
 To:  Rob Atkinson <robatkinson(at)nucleus.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>A person using GoLive on MAC found that when transferring the
>files to a PC (by floppy), the carriage returns are all out of
>whack. Making it very difficult to work with the files. I had
>suggested downloading the pages from the Server and save them on
>a floppy disc.
>Any better ways to handle something like this?

	The same problem occurs when going the other direction,
	and what I've ended up doing is using a program called
	"Tex-Edit" to do most of my coding. It's got a covert
	function that will "fix" the line breaks and funky
	character codes for either platform, in either direction.
	I really like this program. :)

Nathan Lyle
 ( natlyle(at)nmu.edu - http://vm.nmu.edu/~natlyle )

     "Long, long, ago when Ursa Major was named,
       bears probably looked a lot more like dippers
       than they do today."     - Will Cuppy