Re: Image Theft Software

by Nathan <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:10:00 -0500
 To:  "Valerie L. Criswell" <valerie(at)suresource.net>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>*Sigh*  Does anyone know of a good, cheap piece of software that I can
>install on the server to detect websites that are using images on your
>server by linking to them?

This may have been addressed already, but isn't there a log file on the
server that tracks each request for a file, from html down to each gif and
jpeg? I would think that scanning the log file would tell if it was
happening and from where, and I would imagine a program exists somewhere to
do this for you even, though I haven't seen it. I suppose that's not much
help, but I'm confident this can be done.

~Nathan Lyle
E-mail: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Web: http://www.nathanlyle.com
Phone: (906)485-4806

"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as
men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway." - Bernard
Avishai