Re: Opinion on WebPosition Gold ?

by George Bray <listoid(at)linkalarm.com>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:22:24 +1000
 To:  2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 1:44 PM -0700 17/4/00, 2Nerotik wrote:
>Been given a job by my ISP to use WebPosition Gold to get
>websites listed on the search engines and would like some
>feedback on the program.
>
>Hints / tips / flaws / best way to use it/ what not to do etc.

It's a pretty good package.  If you've got a large site and want to
submit all your pages to many engines it will warn you when you're
about to go over the engines' limit for one day.

They constantly update the submission rules., so make sure you choose
to download the latest ones.  They now recommend you only submit one
page per day per domain to Altavista, so getting a large site in can
be quite a day to day task.

Luckily, WPG comes with a scheduler so you can leave it running on a
machine and every day it will choose the appropriate URLs and engines
and make submissions within their limits.  My recommendation if you
want to do this is set up an old machine just for this task, and
leave it on running the scheduler.

	George

--
George Bray
LinkAlarm - Web Site Link Validation Service