Re: OOPS!!

by "Gary Krockover" <gary(at)garykrockover.com>

 Date:  Fri, 07 May 2004 16:08:13 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi David,

In IE 6, upon first loading the page, the list is fully
expanded, and then it compresses and then the bullets show
one at a time starting with "A".

In Opera 7.21, the list is fully expanded all the way
thrrough "G-H" and then the rest is compressed.  The
bullets appear right away (from "I" on).

Another approach on the download is, you can give those
.txt files another extension - make one up, and then the
user will be prompted to download or open because it won't
know how to handle it.  Of course, you'd want to provide
instructions "this is just a text file, use notepad or
similar to open it".   Not sure that this idea is much
better if any than what you have going now, but thought
I'd throw that out there.

GK