RE: Shop

by Klaas De Waele <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:03:27 +0200
 To:  "'Paul Mennega'" <paul(at)mennega.com>,
"'hwg-testing(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-testing(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Hi there.
>
> On this page, the left frame contains this error under the
> current users
> listing:
>
> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
>
> Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Username = 'Pot's
> Dam''.

Yeah, one of the others found this bug - I'll fix it as time arrives. It's
about the single quote...

> /fiatcoupe/chatnew/users.asp, line 35
>
> http://www.enetdesigners.co.uk/fiatcoupe/chatnew/
>
> Also, it should not show messages from users that have
> previously logged
> out, should it?  It works fairly well otherwise.

It should do so.  I thought I'd let it display so new users are able to get
the gist of the story immediately - or just comment on something when no-one
is logged in.

> Also, the popup message send functionality, it shouldn't have
> logged out
> users should it?  And I shouldn't be able to message myself either.

No to the first question - comment see below.  Messages to yourself - good
to see how the software reacts as many people want to try things on
themselves first.

> Also, it appears that users who don't hit the quit button,
> but just close
> the browser instead , never get a message sent to the
> screen.asp like 'user
> left the room'.  Maybe you should use a call to IsConnected on the
> screen.asp page?

There is a function that takes care of this: each user checks the server's
time.  It also updates the last time he was in the room.  If someone is in
the chatroom, he checks the time of all users logged in automatically and
does an auto-kill of users that are timed out.  Unfortunately, sometimes
this also seems to fail...

> I will let you know if I find any more.

OKAY!!!!