Re: Do I even need a Links Page?

by seacow <seacow(at)mci2000.com>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Aug 1998 02:03:21 -0700
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie J Owen <leslieowen(at)Prodigy.net>
To: hwg-theory(at)hwg.org <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
Date: Friday, August 21, 1998 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: Do I even need a Links Page?

>Repeatedly, I see specialized sites of two to 10 pages with a short list of
>links. I think it's counter-productive for most sites to have links leading
>a visitor away. What did it take in time, money, effort and marketing to
>bring that visitor to your site?

I think the one advantage of the web is the ability to offer many different
perspectives on a single topic.  It's true that an author put a lot of
effort into a docuent, but you could offer your visitors much more by
showing them what else is out there.  Just because the visitor goes to
another site doesn't mean that they won't stick around to see yours.

Brian Kuhl
seacow(at)mci2000.com
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/6067/