RE: INFO: Re: distributed <SCRIPT>s

by "Christian Lavoie" <clavoie(at)enter-net.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:45:47 -0400
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Greetings,
>
> It sure seems like every other topic that's discussed on the theory list
> gets shot down.  I just read the charter and all I could find was this:
>
> "This list is used by the HTML Writers Guild to discuss the theories
> behind web development."
>
> So what are these "theories behind web development"?  And why does it seem
> that these ambiguously defined topics are never discussed?
>
> I'm left wondering what this list is for if we can't come up with a
> discussion that's considered on topic.
>
> My two kika.

Yeah, I must agree. Position of <script> tags, IMHO, fall in this list more
than in HWG-Languages, as the main object is not related to the actual
JavaScript language, but more to the HTML process-tree and implementation of
scripting itself.

It's not really related to HWG-Techniques since it's not a definite thing,
it's really more a concept.

The list description is (as taken directly from
http://www.hwg.org/lists/mailinglists.html ):

"This list is used by the HTML Writers Guild to discuss the theories behind
web development. Its charter includes the issues of why/why not and when
website components are used. Questions pertaining to how things are
accomplished are not appropriate."

I think, the scripts are those website components mention, and their
position falls in the when-are-used category.

Now, is there a list to discuss the HWG itself? To discuss how the lists are
arranged and what new members think should be included in the guild?

Have an addition to the list's FAQ: What is revelant to the list?
And please have our List Guide correct me if I'm wrong anywhere over here.

Christian Lavoie
clavoie(at)enter-net.com
UIN:947212