Re: Keyword effectiveness

by "Steve Granter" <sgranter(at)glinx.com>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:59:59 -0400
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mark Mckenzie wrote:

>Then don't rely on search engines for exposure. They lag the actual
>state of the Web, often by weeks or months. There are many other ways to
>notify potential viewers about a site; without a better understanding of
>what your client's site is intended to convey or accomplish, it's hard
>to recommend a course of action.

The client is an independent rock band. I have suggested such things as
reciprocal linking and a webring or two. Also, I think a better strategy for
keywords would be to use band names that have a similar musical sound, and
who are influences of the band who I am currently designing for. That way,
they could draw potential visitors from the fanbase of more well-known
bands. And these fans would also be interested in my client's site, because
of the similar musical style. What do you think of this idea?

Steve Granter