Re: Do I even need a Links Page?

by "Leslie J Owen" <leslieowen(at)Prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 23 Aug 1998 08:14:39 -0700
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
One point I would like to add...many of the sites with links have a pathetic
list of six or 10 links. The impression it leaves is, "I'm supposed to have
links so here they are, but I'm not going to spend the time to do a good
job." If I gave examples (which tact forbids) I know you would understand
what I'm talking about.

Think through the purpose of the links, then if the decision is to add
links, do it well. Also consider the best location on your site to place
those links.

Finally, I don't believe there's one right way to do anything on the web.
I'll bet someone is doing everything I'm recommending not to do, and is
quite happy with their results. Good for them.

Leslie Owen
Director of Client Services
leslieo(at)lawinfo.com
http://www.lawinfo.com
legal industry marketing for the 21st century
phone: 800-397-3743               fax: 800-220-4546