Re: Javascript Question

by "Ben Z. Tels" <optimusb(at)stack.nl>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Dec 1997 02:39:25 +0100
 To:  <gendress(at)symbios.com>,
"Web Design Theory" <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Java, or JavaScript?

Java:

Available in IE3 or higher, Navigator 3 or higher.

JavaScript:
Available in Navigator since version 2 (JavaScript was developed by
Netscape, only called LiveScript at the time), IE4 and partially in IE3.
There is also something called JScript, developed and incorporated int IE3
and higher by Microsoft.

Mosaic supports nothing. It was taken out of production before support was
added.

Ben Z. Tels
optimusb(at)stack.nl
http://www.stack.nl/~optimusb/
UIN 2474460

"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle
forever."
                                         --Tsiolkovsky