Re: Tables

by "snowhawk" <snohawk(at)galstar.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Apr 2000 19:22:16 -0500
 To:  "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>,
"Theory [HWG]" <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Like most of the design world, it all depends on your target audience. From
my understanding, the users of WebTV and AOL still have limits on their
width capabilities. I've not kept up with their progress so I don't know if
that is resolved now or not. I use percentages for the tables rather than a
set number for the width.
If you run your page through the validator at http://netmechanic.com  it
will list the compatibility errors showing which browsers do and don't
accept the table options you mention, with a percent of users effected per
several browsers' versions.

Check out these table help sites:
http://www.stars.com/Tutorial/HTML/Tables/
http://webreference.com/html/tutorial11/