Re: Theory of Page Length

by "Ben King" <benk(at)cyrustech.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:30:47 +1000
 To:  "Spanky,
Rhubarb 3.14159265" <spanky(at)ediblebrain.com>,
<hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
To quote Roger Black... "Just as 75 percent of people will only read the top
half of a folded newspaper most browsers will never scroll"

75% of people look at the screen length of the page, then if they're like me
they may then quickly scroll to the bottom and then close the browser if its
a long page with to much info... Everyone browses so fast that you have to
catch they're attention very fast, that means putting all your content on
one page is just going to scare them away. "No one reads anything!"

Ben King - MCP
benk(at)cyrustech.com
Cyrus Technologies
http://www.cyrustech.com