Re: setup problem

by "David Meadows" <david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Dec 2000 01:52:15 -0000
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com> wrote:

> Another point I forgot to mention in my earlier message was that there are
> growing number of text-only web browsers these days.  Don't forget the cel
> phone market.

I thought most cell phones couldn't read a HTML site at all. You have to
re-do the whole site in WML. So whether it's in HTML or Flash or one big gif
will make no difference to a cell phone user. Unless your users are all in
Japan, where they have phones that do display HTML.

That's just what I thought. I don't know much about phone-browsers, so
please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk

"from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and
 most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved."
          - Charles Darwin, _The Origin of Species_