Re Using Images for Links

by "J M Parnell" <mparnell(at)sprynet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 1998 19:45:03 -0600
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Everyone:

I have been following this thread...

>I have been consulting on promotion for a site that is very graphic
>intensive.  They don't have any text links, really no text at all except
>for the TITLE and comment tags, and can't understand why the spiders aren't
>crawling their site and why their site is "being indexed wrong".  Anyone
>have suggestions for a client who really doesn"t want to change the way the
>site looks?

I personally believe you should try to find a balance betweent the art of a
page and the text. It greatly depends on what you are trying to communicate
to your audience. But, as far as search engines classifying the site, what
about meta-information in the <head> portion of the document. Won't that
help search engines sort the site without the use of too many words at the
bottom of the page, or have I got this wrong?  Won't the spiders use the
meta-information?

thanks for any illumination,

michael parnell
mparnell(at)sprynet.com