Re: alt tags on useless graphics

by "Mike Burks" <mburks952(at)worldnet.att.net>

 Date:  Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:11:29 -0400
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul,

here is a suggestion.  When you alt tag something like a horizontal rule.
Use an alt tag that describes the function rather than the graphic.  For
example if that Horizontal Rule is used for a section break, say section
break.  Btw in html 4.0 you can I believe put an alt tag on <hr alt="section
break">  If I am wrong please tell me <grin>.

So, sometimes the alt tag describes a function, rather than the graphic
itself.

Hope this helps,

Mike Burks