Re: client updating pages daily

by "David Meadows" <david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:54:24 +0100
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>,
"Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton" <mkinsey(at)mindspring.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton <mkinsey(at)mindspring.com> wrote:
>I'd set up a database that had a forms/CGI interface used to update it. A
>form used to add new entries to the database, a form used to not remove but
>"hide" or make unavailable other listings, a form used to modify existent
>entries. that way the client doesn't have to know how to work with HTML OR
>a database.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can get exactly this functionality
using Visual InterDev but you don't need to write a single line of CGI code.
(Of course, you might *enjoy* writing code. You might even have time to do
it, in which case please let me know your secret... I *never* have enough
hours in the day!)

David Meadows
[ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy
david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk
"Imagination is like the sun. The sun has a light which is not
 tangible; but which, nevertheless, may set a house on fire."
        -- Paracelsus