Re: NN6 and compatibility, Flash and accessibility (was Waking the list up (was 'elo ?))

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 May 2000 15:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Does anyone have any heavy DHTML pages we could check with NN 6
> beta?

Interesting point question. From what I've been paying attention to, it seems that
Mozilla/NN6 performs very well in meeting test suites, for support of standards. But
then I hear people saying that their favorite site of the day doesn't display
correctly. I personally have run into very few sites that break, but that's me. So
given that technical standards support appears good, is it merely that broken sites
are using browser-specific cool stuff?

I would much rather have standards support than backwards compatibility. :)

Luke

=====
You did something because it had always been done,
and the explanation was "but we've always done it this way."
A million dead people can't have been wrong, can they?

      -- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)