Re: What is in a name ? And who should it be registered for ?

by Kevin Dyck <kdyck(at)styluscreative.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:22:02 -0700
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It sounds like the client asked you to  do this work for them on good faith
while they were actively negotiating with another firm. I'm not sure what
contract law in the UK is like, but this part sounds an awful lot like a
verbal agreement to me. You shouldn't be under any obligation to give up
any of your work, including the domain name, without fair compensation.

>I then had a phone call from them saying that they wanted to go ahead and
we could sign at the end of the week but in the meantime could we please
make sure their name did not get taken by registering it on their behalf,
place it on a pseudo server and get some pages with keywords up to index
the pages.