Re: Using Images for Links

by bat_geor <bat_geor(at)prometheus.hol.gr>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:09:27 +0200
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:58 =F0=EC 15/1/1998 +0000, you wrote:
>I think that Using Images for a link is not a terribly good idea.
>Of course, I like running with image loading disabled.
>
>What do you think of using Images as Link anchors?
>
>Sheri Rector
>
> Sheri & Jack Rector  (roseleaf(at)prairie.lakes.com)  Mankato, MN USA *=20
> http://prairie.lakes.com/~roseleaf <-- A WWW Fibromyalgia Resource *

A page without images would have a very simple form and would not attract
people's attention.

However, images tend to make the page look nicer. That is why images are
used for links. Try watching the pages with Image Load Enabled. You'll see
that sites which use images smartly (http://www.aol.com/,
http://jmk.simplenet.com/prod/, http://www.2coolweb.com/, etc.) look much
much prettier.

          _    ___      ___    _    _
         | |  /   \    /   \  | |  / /   Jim JMK Batis Web Site:
         | |  |  | \  / /| |  | | / /    http://jmk.simplenet.com/
  _      | |  |  |\ \/ / | |  | |/ /    =20
 | |     | |  |  | \__/  | |  | |\ \     E-mail Address:
 | |_____| |  |  |       | |  | | \ \    bat_geor(at)mail.hol.gr
=20
 JMK Productions: http://jmk.simplenet.com/prod/
     Hot FreeWare Applications (Web Design tools, Active-Xs, etc.)
     JMK HTML Author rated 4.5/5, JMK JavaScript Author rated 5/6

 JMK Web Designs: http://jmk.simplenet.com/wd/
     Web Design by a professional in the best prices, including Java, CGI,
     Active-X, etc.

 Player of Aalynor's Nexus - http://maelstrom-consulting.com/ (Char: HJMK)
 Member of HTML Writers' Guild - http://www.hwg.org/