Re: Flash, Glitz, Images Off

by Zach Shewmaker <webmaster(at)imws.com>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Apr 1998 01:19:07 -0700
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hmm. I visited the site. Here's what I found:
>"Why This Site Has Almost No Graphics:
>I am not a visual designer, so my graphics would look crummy anyway. Since
>this website is created by myself (and not by a multidisciplinary team as I
>always recommend for large sites) I didn't want to spend money to hire an
>artist."
>http://www.useit.com/about/nographics.html
>
>IMO, this guy is opinionated from the word go. Nothing wrong with that, so
>am I, but at least we know where he's coming from.

Actually, what he's doing is reciting what most software user interface
designers know and is doing his best to apply them to the web. His alertbox
articles are quite good and informative when taken for what they are and I
would recommend any web designer subscribe to his email list.

Mind you, I'm not disagreeing with you on principle, just wanted to point
out that useit.com is actually a good thing. :)

Zach
*/---------------Interactive Media Web Studio
*/------------------email: webmaster(at)imws.com