Re: New Topic WYSIWYG

by Ryan Fischer <fischer(at)email.unc.edu>

 Date:  Sat, 05 Dec 1998 20:53:25 -0500
 To:  Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>,
hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:05 PM 12/5/98 -0600, Virginia Blalock wrote:
>I have always wondered why the programmers of these editors make the
>editors come out with crappy code. I would imagine that they know that some
>of the code the editor generates is non HTML compliant.
>
>I would think that WYSIWYG editors would be more useful if they did the job
>they do and generate conpliant code.

This, I'm sure, is what everyone thinks of them.  Even still, I would
probably never use one, even if it did generate compliant code, because
even that is not more important than having control over your code, and
therefore being able to create as robust code as possible.

--
 -Ryan Fischer <fischer(at)email.unc.edu> ICQ UIN - 595003