RE: Tables vs. Frames summary?

by Chuck Evans <chuck.evans(at)enduracorp.com>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:27:40 -0800
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Actually, Bart, I tried this myself (and thanks for the advertisement, by
the way) because I didn't think you could bookmark a frame within a framed
page either.

Using a right mouse click in both NN4 and IE4 (what I have running) if you
choose Bookmark, they both bookmark the frame (in this example,
home_content.htm) NOT the frames page (index2.htm). Of course, the mouse
must be over that frame to begin with. And of course, you have to use the
mouse (not the menu), which some visitors either don't have or can't use.

I'm not saying that this refutes your arguments about bookmarking framed
sites. I agree with you that this is a bona fide disadvantage of using frames.