Re: Animation on a website

by Brian Sinclair <sinclair(at)inficad.com>

 Date:  Sun, 05 Apr 1998 10:55:41 -0700
 To:  thefuggimator(at)geocities.com
 Cc:  Demitrius <simone(at)genesisnetwork.net>, HWG Theory <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
However, it's designers like yourself that upset those of us who aim to
reach a full audience.  I have been working on a site that strives to
accommodate all browsers for about two years.  We recently put all our
articles in tables and received a complaint that they were unreadable to
some blind readers.  Things like not having ALT tags in IMG tags, does not
make people compelled to upgrade their browsers, if they cannot use IE4 or
NN4, instead, it alienates them, and sends them looking for another page
with similar information.  You have your percentages backwards.  It sounds
like you think that the web is 99% presentation and 1% content.  Sorry, but
it's the other way around.  If a page looks good, but has no real info on
it, do you think people are going to come back just to "ooh" and "aah" at
the pretty pictures?

Brian Sinclair
Senior Assistant Webmaster
Self-Help & Psychology Magazine
http://www.cybertowers.com/selfhelp/
ICQ: 4167685
Member HTML Writers Guild, International Webmasters Association,
Association of Internet Professionals