Dancing Baloney (was: Stickin' to m' guns)

by Dan Cash <dmcash(at)facstaff.wisc.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 08 Apr 1998 12:41:39 -0500
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:04 PM 4/8/1998 -0400, Nancy J. Foster wrote:
>Ditto to Susan's comments!
>Yes, something more than black text on a white page helps attract viewers to
>read further. But it doesn't need to be a bunch of unnecessary animations and
>graphics. It's content that makes a person bookmark a page or want to buy a
>service or product.

I just have to toss this in. It's from a list of the "new buzzwords" that's
been
circulating on a few other mailing lists I'm on. I think it fits in with this
thread....

Dancing Baloney: Little animated GIFs and other Web F/X that are useless
and serve simply to impress clients. "This page is kinda dull.  Maybe a
little dancing baloney will help."

(If you want the whole list, mail me and I'll send it out.) :-)