Re: Stickin' to m' guns

by Brian Sinclair <sinclair(at)inficad.com>

 Date:  Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:27:07 -0700
 To:  thefuggimator(at)geocities.com
 Cc:  Zach Shewmaker <webmaster(at)imws.com>, hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Mr. Shewmaker, I'm afraid you've missed the entire point of my argument. I
>never said I was too LAZY to add ALT attributes. My statement was that the
use
>of ALT tags makes the internet overly accessible to people with low
technology,
>making them content with where they are and not making them want to upgrade
>their browsers.  Why do people more and more buy new computers? Because they
>feel left out. They see all these great programs out there that won't work on
>their machines and have to upgrade.

Then maybe you should go to work for Microsoft and help develop the blind
version of IE 4.0.  Comparing upgrading hardware to run programs and
upgrading browser software is like comparing apples and oranges.

Brian Sinclair
Senior Assistant Webmaster
Self-Help & Psychology Magazine
http://www.cybertowers.com/selfhelp/
ICQ: 4167685
Member HTML Writers Guild, International Webmasters Association,
Association of Internet Professionals