Re: Netscape 1 Specs

by Duif Calvin <duif(at)jaderiver.com>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Mar 1998 06:56:59 -0500
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Andrew Tait <atait(at)netc.net.au>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:58 PM 3/15/98 +1000, you wrote:
>I am working on a site and the client wants it to work well with Netscape
>1, and trouble is, I have never seen Netscape 1, only 2 and up.
>
>Is there any references on the HTML specifications for Netscape 1 and 2
>anywhere! Some on the early versions of IE (1+2) wouldn't be bad either.

Netscape 1.9 (a very popular version) was HTML 2.0 plus tables plus I think
<center>.  No Javascript, I believe.

Check the Sandia reference--it should have most of what you need.
http://www.sandia.gov/sci_compute/elements.html

You'll find links to this and many other references in the HWG's resources
section:

http://www.hwg.org/resources/

Regards,
Duif
  jaderiver(at)jaderiver.com                770-989-7407
               Honesty, Quality, and Service
   Professional Website Design Including CGI/Database
http://www.jaderiver.com/  All Services 100% Guaranteed