Re: Stickin' to m' guns

by Dan Cash <dmcash(at)facstaff.wisc.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 08 Apr 1998 10:47:50 -0500
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:26 PM 4/8/1998 +0530, J.R.K.Rao wrote:

>Come on now ! The issue is not content *versus* presentation. It is
>content *plus* the best presentation that your resources, skills,
>bandwidth, technology, and your viewers' patience will permit. Period.

Maybe the issue has been talked to death, maybe it hasn't.
But my opinion is still unchanged. Use all the flash you want,
as long as you know your audience. If you're creating a site
for everyone, you absolutely must make it available to
everyone. Cathy Murtha, as far as I know, is still subscribed
to several hwg lists. Her website is the definitive manual
for sight-impaired viewing, and makes the argument for doing
it much better than I can. It is in extreme poor taste to
overlook it out of hand, IMHO.

http://www.esrin.esa.it:8080/handy/om/distr/doc/uk_w3access.html