Re: Front Pages

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:32:31 -0700
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Volker_Sch=F6ch=22?= <schoech(at)gmx.de>
 Cc:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:05 a.m. 08/28/98 +0300, Volker Sch=F6ch wrote:
>Though I know people on the list who just don't accept this no matter of
>the context, I belive there is again the question of the target group.
>Sure, an experienced web *user* (in contrast to "surfer") like Kynn is
>annoyed if s/he can't get his resp. her fingertips on the information
>immediately.

But inexperienced web users want instant feedback too.  Would you
be pleased with your television set if, every time you changed=20
channels, you had to sit for 5 seconds and watch the rotating logo
of CBS, Fox, or whatever other station you've just switched to?

>But if this is a role play magazin, from a very first idea I'd
>say people who come here do so for their pleasure-leisure, in order to
>spend an amusing time on the web. So, why not invite them with a "cool"
>image, that sets an appropriate scene???=20

How are you "inviting" them to do anything?  They're already
THERE, they're INSIDE YOUR HOUSE, the least you could do is
let them in the living room, rather than making them stand in
the hallway for no reason.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>            =
 http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/