Re: Front Pages

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Aug 1998 22:13:05 -0700
 To:  thefuggimator(at)geocities.com
 Cc:  MIchael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com>, "hwg-theory(at)hwg.org" <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:44 p.m. 08/29/98 -0500, Jeffrey Frazier wrote:
>Here's my additional $0.02...
>Kynn Bartlet wrote (nagged?):
>> How long is the average attention span of a web user?  Do -you-
>> know?  Are they always going to be willing to wait an extra ten
>> seconds to get what they want?
>I'll bet that you waited a good ten seconds for all this mail about front pages
>to download...too bad for us you didn't decide to abort because it was taking too
>long.

You know, it never amazes me how people who have little contribute
in the way of intelligent discussion resort to personal attacks
instead of addressing the issues.

"Fuggimator", friend, I'm debating the theory of web design.  That's
what this list is for.  If you don't like reading opinions that
don't agree with yours, I can tell you how to unsubscribe.

The standards for reading/writing email aren't the same as those
for creating web pages.  I hope that's obvious to everyone, even
if you disagree with my statement that a 10 second delay can be
annoying to most people who want to _use_ a web page, not simply
"look at it".

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California