Re: professionalism and wysiwyg

by "Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton" <mkinsey(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Oct 1998 14:50:42 -0400
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:13 AM 10/9/98 -0400, Ann Navarro wrote:
>So...if most of the drivers on the road don't obey speed signs, that's ok,
>since nobody else seems to think it's important?

stinky analogy, methinks. but, since you threw it out there...

yeah, I think that speeding with the flow of traffic is often not just
okay, but preferable to doing 53 miles per hour in the far left lane of a
freeway on which the traffic flow is 80 to 90 miles per hour. while you're
over there in the fast lane putzing along and thinking what a safe and
lawful driver you are, accidents are happening behind you while people
swerve and brake to try to avoid plowing into your rear end.

Doing 80, using my turn signals without fail, and validating only on
projects that don't have to look good,

Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton

"After a reading of the Starr report I am impressed by the salacious and
voyeuristic nature of your work.... I congratulate you for having opened
the doors of libraries and schools to pornographic literature. Those of
us at Hustler need your assistance in extending the parameters of
pornography to a wide community of adults. You have opened a new era in
promoting explicit sexual materials."
    -- Larry Flynt, in a letter to Ken Starr, offering the Independent
       Counsel a job with Hustler Magazine as 'Pornography Adviser' .