Re: professionalism and wysiwyg

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Oct 1998 15:45:00 -0700
 To:  "Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton" <mkinsey(at)mindspring.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:46 p.m. 10/09/98 -0400, Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton wrote:
>At 02:03 PM 10/9/98 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>>"Cranky blind people"?  Oy.
>>If that's what you think this is all about, then it seems to me you
>>are reacting with an incorrect and very bigotted view about what
>>web accessibility really means.

>It seems, Kynn, you're the stripe of good liberal who thinks that anything
>that isn't *nice* is some sort of hate crime.

No, I'm the "good liberal" who thinks there's more to web accessibility
than characterizing those with physical handicaps as "cranky blind
people."

>No wonder you're an adherent of the ADA. Me, I'll take sense over political
>correctness any time.

That's it, girl.  You claim the moral high ground, and the laws be
damned!

I mean, really, Michelle.  What's gotten you so worked up about this
issue that you're resorting to name-calling, both against me and
people with visual disabilities?

Nobody here is _really_ trying to reign in your creative freedom
and send you to political correctness deathcamps.  We're only trying
to point out the advantages of universally accessible design
techniques, one of which is that you don't have to worry about
ADA violations.

Can you please explain why this is such a hot button for you?

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California