Re: Mr. Wilson's Rotolok Example

by Ryan Fischer <fischer(at)email.unc.edu>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:28:56 -0500
 To:  MIchael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com>,
Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
 Cc:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:03 PM 10/11/98 -0400, MIchael Channing wilson wrote:
>You have left the gaps in place. Get rid of them without using CSS and
>make it validate, then you can brag. Anyone who can read could have made
>it validate, but not without changing it from it's original appearance.

Alright (/me SINGS "I'm gonna get to braaaa-aag!")

As much as I *hate* hacks like this, "you asked for it!"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
<!-- This is Rotolok's index.html file! -->
<TITLE>Rotolok</TITLE>
<FRAMESET ROWS="100%, *">
<FRAME SRC="main.html" MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0>
<!-- The BORDER attribute is invalid.  Lose it if you want,
     but pay the consequences in browsers <= NN3 etc.  I
     *hate* browserisms! ;-\ -->
<FRAME SRC="blank.html">
<NOFRAMES>
<!--#include file="main.html"-->
<!-- Of course, you should probably consider a server-side
     script to get the HTML just right.  Simply including the
     file might cause some problems in older browsers. -->
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>

Perfectly valid 'cept for the BORDER attribute (which you can lose), and
not a margin in sight!  ;-)

--
 -Ryan Fischer <fischer(at)email.unc.edu> ICQ UIN - 595003