Re: New Topic WYSIWYG

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sat, 05 Dec 1998 18:38:55 -0800
 To:  Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>
 Cc:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:55 p.m. 12/05/98 -0600, Virginia Blalock wrote:
>Don't some of these editors also use tags that only they can read(or their
>corresponding browser of choice)? I was thinking that perhaps marketplace
>dynamics(like MS and Netscape not supporting all tags,etc) might be part of
>this as well.

Some do, and this is a factor; the better ones don't. :)

On the other hand, HTML is pretty easy to manipulate, and
stripping out bogus tags or attributes isn't really hard.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California