Re: Front Pages

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:00:38 -0500
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:11 PM 8/27/98 -0500, Jeffrey Frazier wrote:

>I am the editor and webmaster for a gothic roleplaying magazine titled
>TEAR at
>http://www.exoweb.com/fuggimator/tear/
>This when you go to this page, you are greeted with the equivalent of a
>printed magazine's cover page. There is a somewhat large graphic that
>gives information such as the title of the magazine, the issue number,
>and the cover story for the issue.
>    This image also, IMO, helps to set the tone for the magazine. It
>shows that the page isn't about happy things. In this case, I think
>there is a valid reason for the image. It isn't too awfully big (about
>35K) and it adds to the ambience of the page.

Honestly, I would not put your instance in the category I spoke of. The
front graphic serves a purpose(info about the mag).
Also, I agree 35K is not big for what you are doing. Could you do this in
another way? Sure(I probably would). I can tell your intent is not just
"Hey, look at the neato graphic we made."

Virginia
Visit my skating page
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/9508/skating.html