Re: Front Pages

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:08:29 -0500
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:25 PM 8/28/98 -0400, MIchael Channing wilson wrote:

>I find, if my calculations are correct, that a 35k graphic should only
>take about 10 seconds to download on a 28.8 modem at a good connection.
>So, in my opinion, no it is not that much. Life is way to complicated to
>whine over 10 seconds. Besides, many people have already surpassed the
>28.8 mark for a 33.6 or faster modem which cuts the DL even more.

Never assume this or anything else. Those sites that really get my goat are
those who assume that you have the latest and greatest in browsers,
plug-ins, etc. or expect that you will download them to view their site.
Nope, won't happen. Shoot, I technically have a 56K modem, but because of
my crappy phone line usually don't get higher than a 28.8 connect. I bet
there are lots of people in similar situations to mine.