Re: Navigation Bars

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:53:04 +1000
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It isn't only that the viewers read top to bottom, left to right, but that
the browser does to!  The top left corner is where it starts.  Browsers
which cannot handle tables will display right-hand menus either at the
bottom of the text, or half-way through the page if you have multiple rows.

That certainly sounds undesirable to me :-)

Admittedly there aren't that many non-tables compliant browsers out there
nowadays, but I guess inertia and force of habit have set in.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au