Re: Resources

by "Apex" <sdifelice(at)apex-graphics.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:21:53 -0500
 To:  "Ken Richardson" <krichardson(at)escape.ca>,
"XML LIST" <hwg-xml(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ken -
Although xml is a truly powerful means of transferring and viewing data, you
will still need scripting programs such as ASP ColdFusion, CGI, to name a
few, to actually collect, manipulate and populate the databases from which
this data is derived (via the www at any rate).  There is no way that xml
can take away the need for such server side products.  Speaking of
ColdFusion, I don't know how familiar you are with this product, but it uses
a tag based script very similar to xml.

Sebastian DiFelice
Web Master
Intelligence Data