Re: Images & mouseovers

by "David Meadows" <david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Sep 2000 00:02:24 +0100
 To:  "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>,
"Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
 Cc:  "KathyW" <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>, <hwg-xml(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
"Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com> wrote:

> I didn't write a DTD for it; it's pretty ad-hoc.  I don't have a
> formal schema or anything.  (The cool thing about XML is that
> you don't have to have a DTD!  Well, not a formal one.)

You're sure that's a "cool thing"? You don't think it's more of an "unwanted
side effect"?

Sorry to play devil's advocate all the time Kynn, but coming from an SGML
background I find XML downright sloppy and annoying a lot of the time.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books
 are well written, or badly written. That is all."
  -- Oscar Wilde