RE: Question About XML Format (was: Program Needed)

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:35:43 -0800
 To:  bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com
 Cc:  hwg-xml(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:09 PM 1/18/2001 , bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com wrote:
>I prefer uppercase because it is easier to scan a file and pick out the
>tags.  Others have defended the lowercase by pointing out that most editor
>now color code the tags, but that makes it tool-dependent, which is
>defeating some of the purpose of HTML.

So write your code in uppercase and serve it in lowercase.  Use
HTML Tidy or one of the other programs already mentioned here.
Or define something called xhmtl (not XHTML) and write XSLT to
transform between xhtml and XHTML.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett                                    mailto:kynn(at)hwg.org
Board Member, HTML Writers Guild                 http://www.hwg.org/