Re: XML eliminating tags [was: It is getting too quiet in here again. Does anyone have anyquestions?]

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:40:01 -0600
 To:  Matthew Seaver <mseaver(at)bigfoot.com>,
hwg-xml(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:07 PM 3/14/01 -0800, Matthew Seaver wrote:
>Yes, XHTML is basically converting existing HTML tags to 'valid' XML tags
>(I.e. they must all be closed), as well as eliminating certain attributes
>from tags, and eliminating tags altogether.  [!--snip--]
>
>If we eliminate tags altogether, how do we specify CSS? i.e. [p
>class="css1"] some text[/p]

The *some* tags would be things like <font face=something> or other types
of presentations markup that would be defined in the CSS. So, no you can't
eliminate tags, but you can eliminate a lot of them.

But, then I've always been a CSS fan.

8-)

Tamara

HWG hwg-xml mailing list archives, maintained by Webmasters