RE: Browsers and PNGs

by "Gary Bonham" <Gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:56:46 -0700
 To:  "Rajnish Bhaskar" <9705228b(at)student.gla.ac.uk>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well two items: First of all, PNG doesn't currently support animation,
but MNG does, but NO browser (I believe) supports MNG yet. Secondly, support
is very partial, and done with plugins. We had a lot of problems with
viewing the resulting PNG on our BannerForge site
(http://www.bannerforge.com)
so for now the PNG option is removed. However we will probably put it back
soon, after we have the time to figure out a couple of things. FOr instance,
it would display a PNG from our ftp site, but not from a directory on our
web site itself. Go figure!

A page that indicates the browser support situation can be found at:
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/pngapbr.html

Gary