RE: incredible

by "Pam Farley" <pfarley(at)accessus.net>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:28:44 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would have to agree.  I am getting more and more angry with each passing
day.

I noticed something rather ironic in the presentation as well.  The young
boy on the man's shoulders on the page where the children were celebrating
appears to be wearing a Chicago Bears jersey.

I found an article on About.com written by a GenXer that seemed appropriate:

<snip>
To the Palestinians dancing in the streets:

Today you celebrate the fact that other innocent people have lost their
lives.  Today you have lost the respect of many Americans who have supported
and spoke up for your cause.  Today, you have lost the self-respect you
claim as children of God.

You may see the United States of America as a heartless monolith full of
lost souls, but you are wrong.  It is a country that is called home by many
people who look like you.  People who have found refuge from tyranny all
over the world; people who love their children.

You are not celebrating the destruction of �the oppressor.�  You are not
celebrating a �victory for the Palestinian people.� You are simply
celebrating Death.
</snip>

Pam (who fights to keep from crying daily)