Re: Another W3C strict query

by "Hilma" <Hilma(at)hilma.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 25 May 2002 13:51:50 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Andrew McFarland" <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Forcing a new window to be opened is bad manners, and
> an accessibility and usability problem.
>
> Andrew

uh-oh!

Why is that?
I have all my internal links opening up within the same window; but where i
have an external link, i open in a new window (via JS) - as i don;t *really*
want to lose my user from my site.

I thought this would be nicer for him/her than throwing him/her out of my
site.
(Ok, so he has a browser-back button, but i'd like to "keep" him in my site,
even if he does feel inclined to check an external link).

thanks for any further explanation :-)

Hilma
--x----