RE: Academic acronyms Was: need info

by "Ann Zuccardy" <a.zuccardy(at)hill.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:40:42 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Interesting (and fun) stuff to ponder here...

I am a technical editor in telecommunications and a newbie web designer. I
never cease to be amazed by techno-babble, acronyms (we have a 50 page acro
list here) and the misconception that using longer words makes you sound
smarter.  "Usage" and "utilize" are two of my personal faves.  I also like
"at the present moment" for "now".  Don't get me started....

Thanks for adding a little laughter to an otherwise stressful editing day!

Ann