Re: Alt and/or Title

by "JamesKB" <jameskb(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:27:32 -0600
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks to all that replied. I always use the Alt atribute, but somewhere I
read that one should use both. Oh well, I'll just continue to use alt.
However, I find it interesting that the HWG logo code from the HWG does
indeed include both the Alt and Title.

Below is from  http://www.hwg.org/services/logo/

The Logo must always use the following link and supporting ALT text:

<.A HREF="http://www.hwg.org/"><.IMG SRC="lo-025.gif" WIDTH="64" HEIGHT="90"
ALT="The
HTML Writers Guild" TITLE="Link to The HTML Writers Guild"></A>

Interesting, on the HWG's pages they use both the Alt and the Title
attribute.