Re: How to make a window of a different site

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 4 May 2001 17:31:10 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"David Jourard" <cgi(at)bytesinteractive.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I have a request to create a window on an html page which displays the
contents of another site.
> I know how to do this in perl but I'm not sure what compatible HTML
> containers I should use.
> I know definitely that <layer> tag is not good since its not compatible
> with netscape 6 or IE.

The easiest way would be to use JavaScript to create a pop-up window, this
is the usual HTML way.  A great place I heard about here yesterday was a
link to CNET where they had a window making program. You just select your
options and cut and paste the code.  See
http://www.builder.com/Programming/Kahn/092497/toolwb.html

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net