Re: website with code?

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 May 2001 10:26:14 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jennifer :

Two ways to defeat the JavaScript you mention that I can think of offhand.

View the source code to get the name of the graphics file and then either:

1. Copy it from the Temp files of your browser. If you can see it, then it
has to be on the hard drive somewhere.

2. In some ways, even easier--Once you know the image name, you also know
the file path. It was right there in the source code. So--You can just type
in the path and have the image appear on your browser.
Example: www.website.com/images/filename.gif

Does this work in EVERY case?? No, it does not. But it will work for over
99% of the time. In fact, I have often used this method and had to "play
around" with the path shown when trying to help someone whose images won't
show. (Usually it's a path or if on a Unix/Apache, a CaSe problem)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net